Thursday, May 15, 2014

What is Right?

I have spent a considerable number of years in my life trying to figure this out. "What is right?". I believe righteousness is situational,A situation:  A hungry man stealing food from a street food vendor. The situation has two perspectives, Food Vendor sees a thief where as the Hungry man sees a survivalist in himself.
So in my view, Righteousness = F(Situation). Going back to Hindu Mythology, which has greatly influenced my thoughts about society and responsibility, I find the Kaurava's as equally righteous as Pandava's. Why should I share what belongs to me? I would not.
The Pandava's lost all they had in the gamble, infact it was generous of Duryodhana to let go of Draupadi who he "practically" won. Yet every time we listen to the Mahabharata, we believe the Pandavas are righteous? I mean think of it, if you had won a lottery, whatever may be the means, would you share it with the underprivileged in East African Nations? or with your own siblings in full impartiality? (The Cause is act of sharing)
I rest my case.

God if at all he exists is as big an opportunist as we all are. He took sides & presided over a slaughter of humans calling it a "Dharma Yudha", the war of right over wrong, good over evil. Who is evil, the guy who pledges his wife in a gamble for fun or the guy who fights for what he rightfully won ?. You decide.

Luv n Magic
Abhi

1 comment:

Mahita said...

Ah! I have the same argument in my head most of the time... Eventually, concluded that there is a thin line between right and wrong, pain and pleasure, love and hate. All blend in just right and all seem just right, depending on who feels them!